Happy New year folks! It’s been over a year since I started this blog and while I’ve already done a year end wrap up sort of post, I do want to thank you all once again for reading and commenting, it’s been a really great part of my life this year, thank you all so much.
At the beginning of last year I made a few New-years resolutions, let’s see how they panned out.
- Get a better Job Accomplished: My current job is a lot better than the one I held in January of last year, and has potential for some advancement. Hardly a career, but it should pay the bills for a while.
- Get Fit In Progress: I’ve made some impressive strides since last year, but I haven’t yet got the Adonis belt I’m after. But I’m working on it.
- Write Busted: Ok, I have written a lot this year, but almost none of it was fiction. As such, I’m resolving to add an hour of daily fiction writing at least five days a week to my routine, just like going to the gym.
- Prioritize Friends Busted: Still haven’t made my old friends a priority. Will need to focus on socializing more in the new year.
- Date Accomplished: Did a little searching and dating for a while, but eventually lost focus on that. Then lucked into meeting Tavi.
In 2013, I resolve to:
Continue working on my Fitness.
Begin to pay attention to my diet. I’ve cut soda, Moved booze to weekends and social events, I’ll have to cut fatty and sugary foods a bit as well.
Re-prioritize building a social circle in Seattle, now that I’ve been here a year.
Write fiction for at least an hour a day, at least five days a week.
Learn to Dance, I’ve been intending to for years and I’m going to learn at least the basics of swing, one ballroom style dance, and a couple of fun group dances by the end of the year.
Finally, this is the year I need to begin thinking about the future and where I want my life and my career to go. I have promised myself that if by twenty five I wasn’t happy where I was I would give going back to school serious consideration. That scares me a bit, I don’t really like thinking about a future I have a hard time being optimistic about. Hopefully focusing on writing some fiction will help, and I can see if that is something from which I could make a living.